Baby puree or spoon appetizer for adults? I have to say that it’s difficult to choose 😉
This is another lovely 1 family = 1 recipe idea. The baby food is creamy, tasty and super nutritious. The avocado gives a nice dose of health Omega 3 fats and the tomato a nice fresh summer taste.
I would recommend the recipe for babies starting from +9M due to the presence of tomatoes. Their acidity might be a bit too much for a young baby and might cause tummy ache. I would also recommend to pick up ripen sweet tomatoes (taste them before using), they are the best for this recipe.
After filming the recipe I had the puree for lunch and it was simply delicious!! For adults I deeply recommend few tablespoons of roasted zucchini + feta crumbles + pine nuts on top like you see in the final picture. With those toppings the creaminess of the puree is perfectly balanced.
You can refrigerate the recipe in an air tight container for up to 2 days. If you do so, you might want to save the avocado pit and simply place it back on top of the soup to prevent it to get a bit brown due to oxidation. This is a trick that I use with leftover guacamole too 😉
- 2 medium ripen sweet tomato 300gr.
- 1 hass avocado
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 2 mint leaves
- 6 basil leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp feta cheese 40gr.
- pinch of salt
- Peel the tomatoes blanching them in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Chop and remove the seeds. Let them drain on some paper towel
- Chop the zucchini in small pieces. Place them on a parchment paper on a baking sheet all together with the garlic. Drizzle some Extra Virgin Olive oil on top, adjust with salt (not for babies, only older kids and adults) and bake in preheated oven at 400F/180C for 20 min.
- In a food processor add: zucchini + tomatoes + avocado + lemon + 4 Tbsp olive oil + mint + basil + salt (optional)
- Blend up until smooth
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan.
- Serve in bowl with pine nuts + feta + oil + zucchini on top.