Super juicy and tender Turkey Veggie toddler meatballs. You’ll want to make a large batch of these meatballs: they are so moist thanks to the zucchini and so flavorful thanks to the feta cheese that your kids will eat them in 0 seconds!
I served them altogether with some cous cous, but a nice idea could be to let them swim in a sea of homemade marinara sauce!! (if you want to try my marinara sauce, check this recipe)
Meatballs loaded with veggies are a nice way to offer healthy nutrients to your picky kids without them even noticing 🙂
In the video recipe I mixed the ingredients with a fork/wooden spoon. If your kids are very picky and they are suspicious of every single colored spot in their food you can easily put all the ingredients in a food processor and create a nice, smooth, uniform mix so that your meatballs will be spotless 🙂
USEFUL TIP: I usually prepare a nice amount of meatballs enough for a family dinner + following day lunchbox for the kids + amount for another family meal to freeze and use when you have no time to cook!! Freeze the meatballs before baking them so that, when needed, you will only have to display them (frozen) on a baking sheet, drizzle some Extra Virgin Oil of Olive on top and bake them. The taste will be exactly the same of the ones you prepared and baked immediately 🙂 Usually when you bake something from frozen the baking time is around 50% longer than from room temperature. In this case, instead of baking for 25 minutes, you should bake the meatballs for about 35 min.
- 1.4 lb ground turkey 650gr.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme minced
- 1 Cup grated zucchini 500gr. or 3 medium zucchini
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Oil of Olive
- 1 small shallot
- 5 oz. Feta cheese 140gr.
- 1 Cup breadcrumbs 200gr.
- Preheat the oven at 400F/180C
- Grate the zucchini finely.
- Squeeze them with your hands to remove the extra liquid.
- In a medium size bowl add all the ingredients: the ground turkey, the squeezed zucchini, the minced garlic, the minced fresh thyme, the egg, the feta cheese and the minced shallot.
- Mix everything very well. If you want you can use a kitchen mixer for a smoother result.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a dish.
- With the help of two teaspoons create small tiny turkey balls
- Coat them with the breadcrumbs
- Line the meatballs on a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Drizzle some Extra Virgin Oil of Olive on top
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.