A delicate, relaxing cake to offer to your kids when you want to give them a sweet treat but not loaded with dynamite sugars 🙂
A nice evening snack or a wonderful 1st birthday cake as it has no eggs, no dairy, no butter and you can substitute the honey with either agave syrup or two dates mashed in a paste. The cake is fluffy and light.
Considering the ingredients the cake is a nice treat for babies too, starting from 10months+
- 1 1/2 Cup flour 200gr.
- 1/2 Cup potato starch or tapioca flour or arrowroot 50gr.
- 1 vanilla stick
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil 20gr.
- 1 Cup camomile tea - I used 3 bags 180ml.
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 3/4 Cup coconut sugar 100gr.
- powdered sugar for decoration optional
- Place three bags of camomile in a glass of hot water. Let in infusion for 3 minutes.
- Make an incision in the vanilla stick, length wise. Scrap the vanilla beans with the point of a knife. Add them to the camomile.
- Stir and add also the vanilla stick. Let in infusion for 3 minutes.
- Add the honey and the coconut oil. Stir and set it apart.
- In a medium bowl add all the dry ingredients: the flour, the potato starch, the baking powder, baking soda, salt, coconut sugar. Mix.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients and mix with an electric beater in order to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter in a small cake pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 400F/180C for 35 minutes.