A fresh and fun idea for lunch for your kids. My little Luca really likes smoked salmon, that’s why he really enjoys those “sushi style” rolls. On my side I like the good amount of Omega 3 fats contained in smoked salmon. Once in a while it’s a good ingredient for our meals.
The addition of avocados makes this lunch even better as they are packed with nutrients and heart-healthy compounds. Remember also that avocados are an amazing source of lutein with powerful antioxidant properties. All good reasons to give avocados to our kids (and to ourselves too!!).
Multi-grain bread and some good cream cheese will complete this lunch idea!
What you will exactly need to prepare 8 rolls:
– take the two slices of multi-grain bread and remove the side crust with a knife
– with a rolling pin flatten the bread
– spread the cream cheese on the bread
– add a layer of smoked salmon on top of the cheese. You can choose any smoked salmon variety that you like, I opted for a wild caught alaskan smoked salmon. Even the Norwegian one is great!
– last layer. Mashed Hass avocado. I suggest to mash the avocado with a fork in order to obtain a nice creamy texture
– slowly roll the bread slices in order to obtain a nice bread cylinder
– with your hands compact the cylinder
– using a sharp knife slice the cylinder in 1 inch rolls
Did you make this recipe? Share the love, tag @buonapappa on Instagram and hashtag it #buonapappa I would love to see your creations!
Thalia @ butter and briocheAugust 24, 2014 at 2:24 am
these little rolls are so cute! definitely craving a bite of one right now.. smoked salmon and avocado has to be one of the best savoury flavour combinations ever.
Barbara LampertiAugust 24, 2014 at 3:09 am
Thank you!! I totally agree: salmon and avocado are a wonderful match!! ciao, b
RocsanaAugust 31, 2015 at 3:59 pm
Thank you for sharing
Barbara LampertiSeptember 1, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Thank you for watching!!! b