A fresh and fun idea for lunch for your kids. My little Luca really likes smoked salmon, that’s why he really enjoys those “sushi style” rolls. On my side I like the good amount of Omega 3 fats contained in smoked salmon. Once in a while it’s a good ingredient for our meals.
The addition of avocados makes this lunch even better as they are packed with nutrients and heart-healthy compounds. Remember also that avocados are an amazing source of lutein with powerful antioxidant properties. All good reasons to give avocados to our kids (and to ourselves too!!).
Multi-grain bread and some good cream cheese will complete this lunch idea!
What you will exactly need to prepare 8 rolls:
- take the two slices of multi-grain bread and remove the side crust with a knife
- with a rolling pin flatten the bread
- spread the cream cheese on the bread
- add a layer of smoked salmon on top of the cheese. You can choose any smoked salmon variety that you like, I opted for a wild caught alaskan smoked salmon. Even the Norwegian one is great!
- last layer. Mashed Hass avocado. I suggest to mash the avocado with a fork in order to obtain a nice creamy texture
- slowly roll the bread slices in order to obtain a nice bread cylinder
- with your hands compact the cylinder
- using a sharp knife slice the cylinder in 1 inch rolls