This cake is a kind of yummy science experiment 😉 The key factor is the temperature change.
The final result is a fresh, fruity and super creamy cake that will be perfect for a summer birthday party or a special treat for your toddler. After the first indulgent and light spoon you will ask yourself how such a creamy cake can be made without whipped or heavy cream 😉
We are going to use only regular milk, nothing else!! The trick is how we separate the ingredients and mix them together at different temperatures and the overnight refrigeration. That will create three layers in the cake. A sponge base, a creamy center and a fluffy light top.
I used some peaches from the Farmer’s Market, but you can switch with any other seasonal fruit with a bit of juicy pulp that you will find (plums, berries, figs, apricots)
- 2 Cups milk 500ml
- 2 vanilla sticks
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 Cup coconut sugar 150gr.
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2/3 Cup coconut oil 125gr.
- 1 Cup flour 110gr.
- 1 sweet peach
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 300F/150C
- In a medium sauce pan heat the milk. When the surface will start forming a layer, turn the heat off.
- Add the vanilla beans to the milk, stir and let it cool down for one hour.
- Cut the peach in thin slices
- Line a round shape springform cake pan with some parchment paper
- Place the peach slices on the bottom
- Divide the egg whites from the yolks and place them in separate bowls.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk them with an electric beater up until creating firm peaks
- Add the sugar and the water to the yolks and whisk in order to create a pale yellow cream
- Add the coconut oil. Mix
- Add the flour. Mix
- Add the milk with the vanilla beans (remove the vanilla sticks). Mix
- Slowly add the egg whites and gently stir with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter (it will be very liquid, it's ok!) on top of the peaches.
- Bake at 300F/150C for 50/60 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes
- Place che cake in the refrigerator overnight
- Remove the springform cake pan, the parchment paper and enjoy!!!