I really like to use quinoa in my family recipes, it’s so versatile and with such an unique texture. Quinoa is a seed, not a grain, so naturally gluten free. It’s a nutritious food for babies and kids, a lovely source of proteins.
Today I prepared some quinoa fritters adding zucchini + eggs + oats + parmesan and creating a super tasty combo that the whole family devoured.
The fritters are a lovely baby led feeding idea too, starting from 8 months.
Yes, you can bake them in the oven instead of cooking them in the pan 😉 they will not come out as crispy outside as using the pan, but they will be yummy too! I would suggest baking them in the oven 400F/180C for 20/25 min, flipping them on the other side once half way.
The quinoa fritters are a delicious leftover too: I warmed them up the following day for lunch and they didn’t change texture.
- 2 cups grated zucchini 4 zucchini
- 1 cup sweetcorn 200gr.
- 1 cup water 250ml.
- 1/2 cup quinoa 100gr.
- 3 eggs
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 50gr.
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/2 cup rolled oats 70gr.
- Rinse well the quinoa under running water to remove any debris.
- Combine water and quinoa in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes or following the cooking directions on the quinoa packaging.
- Remove from heat, fluff with fork and let cool down ten minutes
- Grate the zucchini finely and squeeze them with your hands to remove the extra water.
- In a large bowl add the zucchini, quinoa, egg, garlic, oregano, grated Parmesan cheese and rolled oats.
- Mix until thoroughly combined
- Place in the fridge to set for 30 min or more.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, add one tablespoon of mix, flatten with a spoon/spatula to give a patti form.
- Cook 4 min, flip on the other side and cook for another 4 min until golden and crisp
- Serve warm