Valentine Day doesn’t have to be only about baking 🙂
Here you are a super (naturally) pink recipe to celebrate Valentine day with your babies and kids in a fun and healthy way 😉
The Beet Hummus is a double recipe (yes, my favorite). It can be a lovely baby puree, starting from +8 months and simply skipping the salt in the recipe OR…a fun spread with some crostini bread and avocado or simply with some vegetable sticks. Cucumbers are a great combination for this hummus!!
The Hummus is super (very super) simple to prepare and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
I also used the Hummus as a spread on the kids sandwich at school, together with some cream cheese: the pink vs white contrast was sooo beautiful!!!
- 2 medium sized beets
- 1¾ cups cooked chickpeas or 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt skip salt for babies under 12 months
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 avocado for decoration
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap beets in some aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- The beets will be basically cooked when it will be easy to pierce them with a fork.
- Remove the skin with your hands simply washing them under running water.
- In a food processor add the beets chopped in pieces, the chickpeas, salt (not if you are cooking for babies), the tahini paste, the lemon juice and the water.
- Last addition: minced fresh rosemary to give a lovely scent to our hummus.
- Process the mix for 2-3 minutes, until the hummus will get super pink and creamy.
- Hummus will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.