A simple and easy presentation can transform an ordinary dip in a super fun mini vegetable garden that your kids will love. The black bean hummus is creamy, light and with a lovely citrusy spicy flavor. The hummus is vegan and gluten free.
If you skip the salt, the recipe is suitable for babies too, starting from 10 months considering that we are using beans that, like other legumes, might create gas or tummy ache if introduced too early (before 10M).
A lovely idea for a fun healthy snack or Easter appetizer. Even picky eaters will be attracted by these carrot garden in miniature!!
- 1 small garlic clove peeled
- 15 oz.cups black beans rinsed + drained (425gr.)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 smoked paprika
- baby carrots
- In a food processor add all the ingredients: black beans, garlic, water, oil, lime, cumin, paprika, salt.
- Blend up until smooth.
- Transfer in small one portion containers.
- With a toothpick make a hole in the top center of a baby carrot
- Insert a small piece of dill
- Plant your baby carrot in the black bean hummus ground