Healthy and protein packed, this is a super fun refreshing snacks for your toddler and for the rest of the family! Super easy to prepare, you can freeze a nice batch and enjoy whenever you want!! Every bite is creamy, crunchy and fruity at the same time 😉
I really like the small size of this treat, one adult size and few kids size, just the right quantity.
I prepared this recipe for a pool party and it was a bit hit.
The recipe is naturally refined sugar free, I used some dates to sweeten it. I also used goat yogurt for a dairy free option and added some bee pollen for extra nutrients.
It’s a super flexible recipe: you can pick up the yogurt + granola + fruit that your kids like!
Today I’m sharing with you my favorite combo: plain goat yogurt + mixed berries + gluten free coconut granola mix
You can keep the frozen yogurt granola cups in the oven for up to 4 months.
- 3 dates soaked in boiling water for a few mins to soften
- 1/4 cup soaking water for the dates
- 1 cup granola mix (I used a granola consisting of seeds, nuts, coconut flakes roasted with coconut oil and maple syrup. Your homemade granola will be perfect too!
- 8 oz plain yogurt, I used sheep's milk but you can use coconut or almond
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup mixed berries
- 1 tsp bee pollen
Soak dates in boiling water for few minutes to soften or soak them overnight in lukewarm water
in a food processor add: dates + 1/4 cup of soaking water + granola
- Blend to obtain a moist crumble texture, add more date water if needed.
- Press 2 tsp of the crumble into the bottom of a small silicone form (you can also use a silicone muffin mold)
- In a food processor blend yogurt + banana + vanilla + bee pollen
- Spoon on top of the granola into your silicone form
- Add berries on top
Freeze for at least 2 hours