Baby Puffs are such an easy baby snack. I do not count the times when my kids were babies and we were either on the go or I needed a light snack for them…and baby puffs were such a fast + convenient + loved by them!!! solution.
There are many Organic Healthy products on the market, but when you will see how simple it is to make them at home you might change your mind 😉
Also, homemade baby puffs are not only super healthy but you can change flavor/color simply changing the organic and seasonal vegetables or fruit you will use.
Today I prepared some “green” puffs using kale and apple, a lovely mix. They are Gluten Free + Dairy Free + Refined Sugar Free!
The recipe is suitable for babies starting from +6 months, but the puffs were sooo good that even my 4yrs and 6yrs old kids loved them (they called them “green chips”).
Also, if you are looking for an egg free recipe, simply switch the two egg yolks with 2 Tbsp of ground flax mixed with 6 Tbsp of water. Simple 😉
Storage: in an air tight container on the countertop for 1 week.
A special THANK YOU to the lovely Gemma that tested my green baby puffs 🙂 She is simply a cutie!!!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 egg yolks 2 T flax seed + 6 T water
- 1 Cup kale
- 1/2 Cup apple sauce
- 1/2 Cup instant rice cereal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- In a food processor add all the ingredients.
- Blend up until a smooth cream will be formed (4min)
- Using a chef pastry bag or a simple plastic bag, create tiny small dots on some parchment paper, the size you like.
- Bake at 350 for 10, reduce at 250, and bake for additional 30 min up until crisp.
- Store in an air tight container for 1 week