When you are planning the Christmas menu for a large number of people it’s always nice to keep in mind the kids and prepare something that can be appealing both for them and for the grown ups 😉
The Broccoli and Mortadella crustless mini quiches are a very flavorful idea that will please both your kids and your guests 😉
A nicely salty crust made with mortadella (an Italian variety of salami) with a super creamy broccoli filling and a cheesy heart. Every single bite rich in flavor.
Considering all the ingredients the mini quiches can be a complete meal for the little ones and a nice appetizer for the adults 😉
You can simply prepare the mini quiches the day before, store them in the refrigerator wrapped in some plastic paper and bake them right before serving them.
This is a toddler friendly recipe, I would serve the quiches starting from 12 months. If your kid is particularly picky I would suggest to place the broccoli mix in a blender and create a very creamy paste to fill the quiches.
I would like to wish all of you a wonderful Christmas with your families and loved ones, Buon Natale!!
- 4 cups broccoli florets 800gr.
- 1/4 cup milk 50ml
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp semolina flour
- 6 slices Mortadella o Bologna salami
- 3 oz provola cheese or fontina cheese 80gr.
- 5 oz. ricotta cheese 130gr.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Steam the broccoli florets for 10 minutes.
- Cut the cheese in big cubes.
- Place the steamed broccoli in a big bowl and with a folk mash them in tiny pieces
- Add a pinch of salt, milk, ricotta cheese, eggs, nutmeg and two tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- Mix everything and set it apart.
- Grease the small ceramic containers with some Olive Oil.
- Add also 1/2 tsp of semolina flour and spread it all over
- Slice the mortadella in long large strips.
- Cover the bottom and sides of the cerami containers with mortadella.
- Add two tablespoons of broccoli mix
- place one or two cubes of cheese in the center
- Cover with two more tablespoons of broccoli mix
- Place a final layer of mortadella on top.
- The oven is preheated at 400F, I will bake my mini quiches for 30 min.