Even food follows the fashion. From season to season there are trendy recipes that you see almost everywhere on social media 🙂 This summer the frozen bark is one of them. A super simple recipe that is a perfect and refreshing summer treat for the kids and for the whole family.
The frozen bark (basically frozen blocks of the size that you like of yogurt and any fruit/topping you like) is also a baby led weaning idea or a toddler treat…simply get ready to the mess 😉
As soon as the yogurt starts melting your little bundle of joy might find very amusing playing with his hands and starting a food painting project 😉
I speak based on experience, hi hi!
The recipe is very versatile: today I used a plain goat yogurt with two tablespoons of vanilla to sweeten, but you can use any kind of yogurt you like. I also used a medley of berries and mango (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries) but you can use any fruit you like and also any other topping like chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, seeds…
Also, you can decide if to place the yogurt on top of the fruit like I did or the opposite, the fruit on top of the yogurt. Personally, I think that the yogurt on top coats better the fruit 😉
- 450 gr. yogurt 3 containers
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 100 gr. raspberries 1/2 cup
- 100 gr. strawberries 1/2 cup
- 100 gr. blueberries 1/2 cup
- 100 gr. blackberries 1/2 cup
- 100 gr. mango 1/2 cup
- Chop all the fruit in small pieces (if you are serving the bark to a baby, very small pieces to avoid any chocking hazard)
- Mix the vanilla with the yogurt
- Spread the fruit on a baking sheet lined with some parchment paper
- Spread the yogurt on top, level and freeze for 2 hours min.
- With a knife break the big frozen yogurt piece in small pieces, as small/big as you like
- Serve immediately, it will melt in 10 minutes