A summer treat for the whole family, baby included! This melon, apricot, dates puree/smoothie is simply delicious. Super easy to prepare, you just need a melon and few apricots sweet and in season 😉 Suitable for babies starting from +6M
Melons (Galia, Cantalupe, Watermelon….) are a super refreshing and nutritious food for your baby: rich in Vitamin A and C, full of beta carotene (good for the eyes).
Another interesting piece of information is that Melons are NOT included in the “dirty dozen” fruit loaded with pesticides…so you can safely buy any variety you like.
Apricots are also a lovely choice for your baby: loaded with Vitamin A and C too. Fresh, seasonal and organic are the best ones.
For the recipe I also added some dates (to give an extra touch of sweetness in a natural way) and some yogurt to make the puree/smoothie a nutritious meal for a baby and an healthy energy treat for older kids and adults.
If you are looking for a dairy free alternative, simply switch the regular yogurt with coconut yogurt or kefir.
The baby puree can be easily stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To store the baby puree I used a 100% silicone Baby Food Freezer Tray with lid by Green Sprouts, you can find it here.
- 1/2 Galia Melon
- 2 apricots
- 3 dates
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- Soak the dates in water overnight
- or simply boil some water, turn the heat off and soak them for 3/5 minutes.
- In a tall container (or food processor or blender) add all the ingredients chopped in small pieces: the pitted dates + apricots + melon + yogurt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve to your baby or to the rest of the family: this lovely baby puree is a super healthy and delicious smoothie too!!
- You can store the puree in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to three months.