It’s mango time!!! Today I would love to share with you 6 different baby purees combinations using mango as king ingredient! Bonus option: they do not require any cooking and they are ready in less than 15min (considering the prep time!!).
Let’s talk about MANGO first…Did you know that only one cup of this lovely fruit can give you almost the daily needed Vitamin C amount? Vitamin C is great to boost your little one’s immune system. Citruses (oranges, tangerines) have the same properties but they might be too acidic for babies, that’s why mango with its sweetness and creamy pulp is perfect for little ones!
I prepared this party compilation as a summer refreshing idea, but considering that you can find mangos all year around, the purees can be offered all year around. Also, these baby purees can be easily offered to older kids as healthy snack or breakfast: that’s what I do for my older kids (6yrs and 8yrs)! They prepare the smoothies by themselves under my supervision.
For every combination I suggest a baby’s age to start from (6 or 9 months) pending how easy or difficult the ingredients are to digest for a little tummy. If your little one already eats all the ingredients of the puree, go ahead and serve it to him/her!
I like to add spices and flavors to spice up the baby puree, it’s a nice way to introduce your little one to new flavors.
Let’s start our party!
- MANGO (1 cup) + BANANA (1, small) + PINEAPPLE (1/4 cup) + CLOVES (1/4 tsp) – Age +6M
- MANGO (1 cup) + AVOCADO (1/2) + PEACH (1 small) + GINGER (1/4 tsp, grated) – Age +6M
- MANGO (1 cup) + CAULIFLOWER (frozen and riced, 1/2 cup) + APRICOT (1 small) + CARDAMOM (1/4 tsp, grated) – Age +9M
- MANGO (1 cup) + CARROT (1 peeled and finely grated) + ALMOND EXTRACT (1 tsp) – Age +9M
- MANGO (1 cup) + BLUEBERRIES (3/4 cup) + VANILLA (1 tsp) + CINNAMON (1/4 tsp) – Age +6M
- MANGO (1 cup) + APPLESAUCE (1/2 cup) + MINT (3 leaves) – Age +6M
The procedure is so simple and the same for all the purees.
Place all the ingredients in a food processor/blender/tall container if using and immersion blender…and puree’ everything!! That’s how simple the recipe is 🙂
The ingredients do not require any cooking and can be simply taken directly from the fridge, freezer or pantry!!
If you have any leftover you can simply store them in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 2 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.