No matter how healthy and organic you want to be, the Christmas menu always ends up being a very rich meal 😉
That’s why I want to suggest you a very beautiful, fun and refreshing idea for dessert or in addition to the dessert: a 100% fruit Christmas tree. I made it with my Luca in less than one hour. It was fun to make and even more fun to eat and disassemble at dinner with the whole family 😉
Luca loved to think about the design/decoration and had so much fun poking the pineapple, hi hi!
Alex went nuts to the idea that he could detach the grapes from the tree and take out the toothpick!!
You can use any seasonal and organic fruit you like. Of course, for filming reasons I wanted green/red colors 😉
I would not use bananas as they oxidate very fast. If you want to use apples or pears for the outside simply brush them with a 50% water 50% lemon mix to prevent oxidation.
Also, you can prepare the fruit tree the day before, wrap it with plastic paper and store in the refrigerator for the next day.
Before going ahead with the recipe, I would love to tell you more about this video: it’s part of a special Christmas collaboration with other YouTube foodie friends. We all teamed up not only to present you some amazing ideas for the holiday table (check out the video recipes below), but to raise awareness toward the charities that are precious to us for so many personal reasons.
Being a mom of two young kids, my first thought went to the Children’s Hospital in Los Angeles. It’s a great institution that helped so many young loved friends through the years. If you would like to support the children’s hospital, here you are the link to donate. Any amount matters and is important 🙂
And here is the description how to make the Christmas fruit tree, soooo simple!!
- 1 pineapple
- 1 pear
- 16 oz. organic strawberries 500 gr.
- 32 oz. organic green grapes 1Kg.
- Cut a thick slice from the bottom of the pineapple and a small one on top. Peel the pineapple.
- Try to give the pineapple a regular cone shape (mine was a bit falling on the right, hi hi!!)
- Slice out the bottom and the top of a pear
- Place the pear on top of the pineapple
- Insert a long skewer in the center of the pear to fix it to the pineapple.
- Wash the strawberries and the grapes.
- Start the decoration! You can either poke the pear/pineapple with a lot of toothpicks and than attach the fruit or do the contrary: insert a toothpick in the center of the strawberry/grape and than attach it to the tree structure. It worked both ways.
- Start with a line of strawberries all around the tree.
- Add the grapes to cover both the pear and the pineapple.
- Take the big slice of pineapple you removed at the beginning and shape it like a star.
- Attach the star on top of the tree. Enjoy!!