Chocolate matches very well with almost everything, but I personally think it is incredibly delicious with berries.
To celebrate mother’s day I wanted to surprise my mom with a small chocolate and raspberry tart with cookie crust. It’s a no bake recipe (sooo simple!). I prepared everything in the evening and stored the tarts in the refrigerator. The following morning they were ready to be decorated and enjoyed.
You will love the contrast between the decadent sweetness of the chocolate and the fresh fruity flavor of the raspberries. It’s a perfect dessert for mother’s day or for any other special occasion you would like to celebrate. I decided to prepare 6 small tarts as I think that the flavor of the tart is so rich that it is better appreciated if enjoyed in small quantities (like I like for brownies).
The chocolate raspberry no bake tart is part of an incredible collaboration for mother’s day: 9 mouth watering recipes to surprise your mom, from breakfast to dinner. Check the menu’!!!
and, of course,
Raspberry and chocolate tart (no bake)
This is all you will need to prepare 6 tarts:
And that’s how to proceed:
– Place the dry biscuits and the melba toasts (or rusks) in a plastic bag. Close it. Using a kitchen hammer mash the cookies in order to obtain a grainy consistency, like cane sugar.
– Place the cookie mix in a large bowl, add the melted butter and mix. You will obtain a sticky grainy crust base. Place few tablespoons of crust mix in every tart pan, press and level with a tablespoon. I used the tart pan with the removable bottom, much much easier to handle when you will need to remove the tart from the pan 🙂
– Place the tart crusts in the refrigerator for at least one hour. The butter will get cold and firm again creating a compact crust.
– Meanwhile you can prepare the chocolate cream. In a medium sauce pan pour the half&half cream and turn the heat on at medium. Let the half&half cream almost boil: you will notice small bubbles on the sides of the cream. Turn the heat off and add one tablespoon of butter, the honey and the chocolate chips. Stir everything.
– In a small cup mash half of the raspberries with a fork.
– Remove the tart crusts from the refrigerator. At the bottom of each tart place one tablespoon of fresh raspberries. On top of it another tablespoon of raspberry preserve (or any other jam/preserve/jelly you like) and few tablespoons of chocolate cream to top. Place the tart back in the refrigerator for 6/8 hours so that the liquid chocolate cream will get thick and firm.
– Right before enjoying the tart, remove it from the refrigerator and decorate it with some fresh raspberries. It’s soooo good!