When it comes to green vegetables sometimes kids can get really really picky. That’s why I like finding fun and healthy recipes to make my kids enjoying “the greens”.
The broccoli and potato tots are easy to make and you can prepare them in advance, store in the refrigerator and warm up when needed 😉
What I really like about this recipe is the good balance between broccoli, potatoes and cheese. None of the flavors is overpowering. My kids really appreciated the heart shape. It didn’t require a lot of extra time to prepare them and it was totally worth 😉
- 2 cups broccoli 500gr.
- 1 big potato 250gr.
- 2 tsp minced parsley
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Cup breadcrumbs 180gr.
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese 250gr.
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven at 400F/180C
- Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Fill a medium size pot with water and let it boil
- Cut the broccoli florets and the potato in small cubes
- When the water is boiling blanch the vegetables: add the potato cubes first and 1 minute later the broccoli for another minute
- After two minutes total (we are blanching, not boiling) drain the vegetables and shock them under cold running water to stop the cooking process and keep the bright broccoli color
- Place the vegetables in a food processor. Add the garlic clove and mix for 1 minute.
- Transfer the vegetable mix in a medium size bowl and add the other ingredients: minced parsley, eggs, grated cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs
- Mix well
- Fill with the mix a heart shape cookie cutter. Create small kid size broccoli and potato heart tots.
- Place them on a parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake at 400F/180C for 25 minutes until golden brown and crispy