Only 2 ingredients: Greek vanilla yogurt and semi sweet chocolate chips. In less than 10 minutes you will prepare 9 kids size pops ready to enjoy once frozen (6 hours).
With one recipe you will satisfy your kids’ chocolate cravings and your desire to feed them in an healthy way 😉
My kids simply LOVE yogurt and, of course, chocolate. That’s why I decided to mix their favorite ingredients in one simple refreshing snack: homemade pops.
For the yogurt I chose Greek Vanilla yogurt. I like the rich thickness of the greek yogurt and the kids like the vanilla flavor. I also used semi sweet chocolate chips. If you like you can use sweet chocolate chips, but I prefer not to go high in sugar.
One thing that I like about homemade pops is that you can size them considering your toddler/kid small appetite. Today I used small paper cups (3 oz.) filled only for 3/4. It’s the perfect size for a snack without leftovers 😉
I also used colored paper straws as pops holders, easier to handle for a toddler.
Of course you can use any popsicle mold you have at home and regular ice-cream wooden holder sticks.
Here you are the ingredients for 9 small pops:
And that’s how to proceed (super easy!!):
– Place the chocolate chips in a glass or ceramic container and melt them in the microwave. One minute should be fine. Stir the chocolate with a spoon to completely melt it and obtain a smooth cream. You might need more time pending the kind of chocolate/size of the chips you use, so keep melting them adding 10 seconds at the time.
– When the chocolate is nicely melted add the Greek yogurt. Stir to mix well
– Place 9 small paper cups on a tray and fill them for 3/4 with the mix. The tray is optional: I use it to easily transport and store the cups in the freezer.
– Place one paper straw in the center of each cup.
– Place the cups in the freezer for 6 hours. Once frozen your pops will be ready to be served. Easily break the paper cups with your fingers right before offering the pops to your kids.