Good news from the farmers’ market. It’s tomato season! yeahhh! tomatoes are my favorite summer vegetable and luckily Luca’s too!! I use fresh tomatoes in as many recipes and different ways as possible 🙂 and I also play with the different varieties: heirlooms, Japanese, cherry.
Today’s recipe is an Italian one: pane con pomodorini freschi. Fresh cherry tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes and basil all mixed in a fluffy homemade bread loaf. It’s a good idea for a snack or as a side. Very kids friendly 🙂
– preheat the oven at 400 F.
– in a bowl wish the eggs (room temperature!!) with a pinch of salt. Add the half&half cream, the Extra virgin oil of olive, the oregano (I used dry oregano, fresh one is even better), the parmesan cheese and mix. Leave it apart.
– in another bowl sift the flour, the baking powder, the baking soda. Add another pinch of salt and mix with a fork.
– slowly add the dry mix to the egg mix, one spoon at a time and whisk everything without forming clumps.
– slice the sun dried tomatoes in tiny strips and add them to the mix.
– cut the fresh cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the mix. Save 6 of them for the final decoration. Add the basil leaves.
– fill a loaf pan with the mix and bake it in the oven for 45 minutes covered with an aluminum foil. Remove the foil and keep baking it for an additional 10/15 minutes to create a nice golden crust on top.
– let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!!!
See you next Thursday with another recipe!!!
Did you make this recipe? Share the love, tag @buonapappa on Instagram and hashtag it #buonapappa I would love to see your creations!
amirulJanuary 10, 2016 at 1:41 pm
Hi,what is half & half actually,and I’m from Malaysia.tq.
Barbara LampertiJanuary 11, 2016 at 1:10 am
Hi! Half&half milk is a very rich creamy milk in between regular whole milk and heavy cream or whipping cream. If you cannot find it, you can use whole milk. Ciao!! p.s. I visited Malaysia once, lovely country!!!